- Reception desk plexiglass sneeze guard has been installed.
- Hand sanitizing stand placed at entrance. Hand sanitizer stations have been installed in all treatment operatories and sterilization centre.
- Removal of water cooler station.
- Spacing of seating in waiting area.
- Removal of all magazines, newspapers and brochures.
- Business cards and certain newspapers will be given on request. Patients will take these materials with them when leaving the clinic.
- Surgically Clean Air Filtration units placed throughout clinic, and on constant operation.
- Patient appointments at this point will be scheduled based on urgency.
- Appointment confirmations will be made by phone, including COVID-19 pre-screening questions.
- Patients feeling unwell prior to their scheduled appointment are encouraged to contact our office immediately to reschedule.
- Patients arriving for their appointment are asked to remain outside of the clinic until they are notified by phone/test message that they may safely enter.
- We encourage patients to arrive wearing their own mask. Due to limited supply for our clinical use, we are not able to offer patient masks at this time.
- Upon arrival, the patient’s temperature will be taken and recorded by touchless thermometer. Any person exhibiting fever will be asked to exit the office and reschedule their appointment to a later date.
- A screening and consent form (on sanitized iPad) will be filled and signed by the patient.
- Once a successful screening has been confirmed, treatment may proceed.
- Every individual entering the clinic (doctor, staff, patients, delivery personnel, couriers, etc.) will be required to undergo health screening upon arrival.
Clinical Procedures (in addition to existing IPAC procedures)
- Clinical attire for doctor and staff will consist of scrubs and/or a lab coat that will be laundered on a daily basis. This will be the baseline body covering for non-aerosol generating patient appointments [examinations, radiographs, digital scans, photographs, consultations, hand scaling, simple extractions (mobile teeth/primary teeth) and crown cementations].
- Disposable gowns will be worn for aerosol generating appointments [restorations, root canals, crown preparation, occlusal adjustments, and extraction of permanent teeth (simple/complicated)].
- For all patient clinical procedures, doctor and staff will wear one fit-tested KN95 mask overlayed with a Level 3 surgical mask, face shield and disposable gloves.
- All patients will be asked to perform a pre-procedural rinse with a 1% Hydrogen Peroxide solution. Patient will expel solution back into the cup or into saliva ejector—NOT by spitting into sink.
- Doctor and CDA will wash/sanitize hands before placement of PPE.
- Dental isolation dam will be applied for every procedure possible.
- Once an aerosol generating procedure has been initiated, the doctor and CDA will remain within the operatory until the procedure has been completed and PPE has been removed.
- During the procedure, movement of staff between front office and clinical areas is discouraged.
- Doctor and CDA will wash/sanitize hands upon removal of PPE.
- Each operatory that receives patients will be equipped with its own Surgically Clean Air Filtration unit on constant operation.
- Upon removal of instruments and disinfection of the operatory following an aerosol generating procedure, there will be at least 30 minutes of aerosol settling time allowed before subsequent use.
- We encourage patients to make any payments to their account using credit/debit card.
- Commonly touched items and areas of the clinic (iPads, pens, POS terminal, door handles, light switches, counters, chairs, and washrooms) will be periodically sanitized with antimicrobial wipes.
- Each staff member should keep their own pen/pencil on their person.
- We encourage all visitors to use the hand sanitizer station at the entrance, both upon entering and leaving the clinic.
- We ask that patients dispose of all personal trash directly into trash containers and take all personal items with them when leaving.
Office Policy Updates
- All staff members are to follow physical distancing recommendations of 6 feet/2 metre interpersonal space throughout the workday, including lunchtime.
- We will no longer allow friends or family members to accompany patients with scheduled appointments. Only children under the age of 12 years, patients with disabilities or comprehension difficulties, or seniors requiring assistance may have ONE person accompany them to their appointment. However, ONLY the patient will be allowed into the treatment operatory.